The very thought of yoghurt is soothing and gives a cooling sensation in the scorching sun of summer. This marvelous food item loaded with zinc, calcium, yeast, vitamins B1, B2, B6 and B12, and proteins is a warrior against innumerable disorders, like cancer, osteoporosis, diarrhea, high blood pressure and yeast infection. It helps in proper digestion, weight control and strengthens immune system.
Moreover, it works as a natural moisturizer for skin by adding oils and enzymes and it reduces pore size of the skin, improves the skin texture and gives you a glowing beautiful skin. Interesting? Let’s explore in depth how it helps in skin care and hair care.
You can use the following tips for enhancing your beauty with yoghurt’s help;
- Blemishes and acne: apply yogurt daily on your skin so that the zinc contained in it acts to clean your skin and give you an acne free clear skin. Do not use flavored yogurt for this purpose and remove all make up before applying yogurt.
- Pimples; do not panic. Take a mixture of brewer’s yeast and yogurt and apply it on the face. Leave it like this for a few minutes before wiping out.
- Itchy Scalp: yoghurt is the best and tested remedy. Apply it on your hair, at the roots, wrap your hair in a towel, and after 15 minutes, wash your hair. Enjoy dandruff free and itch free hair.
- Yoghurt for Pedicure! Not only your hair and facial skin but also your hands and nails would be thankful to yoghurt. Make a mixture of yoghurt and lemon and put it in the refrigerator for a few hours. Then use this mixture to massage your hands and nails. Repeat it for a fortnight and love your smooth and soft hands.
More Yoghurt Packs
- Plain Yogurt; besides zinc, yoghurt is rich in lactic acid which acts like a natural smoother, making yoghurt an excellent facial mask. Apply plain yogurt on your face and leave it for 20 minutes before washing it with warm water.
- Nice and Zesty: mix yogurt with ¼ orange juice or ½ lemon juice and apply on your face. Leave it for 5 minutes before ringing with warm water. With this extra mix of citrus fruits, your skin’s normal pH level is restored and it would feel more refreshed and younger and able to ask yourself what is welding – and actually understand it.
- Beat the Dry Daze; take half a cup of plain yoghurt and mix with 1 tsp olive oil and 1 ½ tsp of lemon juice, apply this mixture on face and you would get rid of dry skin.
- Feel-Fab Fruit Pack; ¾ cup of plain yoghurt mixed with 1 carrot, ½ peach and half cucumbers. Apply this mixture on your skin and leave for ten minutes before rinsing. Your skin would be moisturized.
- Protein power Pack; mix 1 tsp of yoghurt with 1 tsp honey, 1 tsp fuller’s earth and 1 egg white. This mixture would give you cleaning, moisturizing, toning and nourishing effects for your skin.
If you are allergic to any of the ingredients mentioned above, do not use these tips before you have consulted your doctor or skin specialist.